making your own Christmas cards
Always thought that making your own Christmas cards is too fiddly? It’s much easier than you think! As long as you have some good ideas, creating your own personal holiday cards can be simple, fast and easy. Read on for inspiration.
- Want to keep your Christmas cards simple and funny? This reindeer card is an ideal example of how to make one in a few easy steps. Draw an egg shape in the middle of a blank correspondence card (if you want to make more than one, use an egg shape as a model). Attach a pompom to the egg as a nose, then draw dots for eyes and trace antlers above the nose – and your reindeer is ready! You can make pompoms yourself: wind a woollen thread lots of times around the end of a fork, then pass another thread through the tines and make a knot in the middle of the bundle. Next, slide the whole thing off the fork and cut through the loops at both ends. You can also use ready-made pompoms for the nose. If you prefer a Christmas tree to a reindeer, simply draw the shape of a tree and use the pompom as a Christmas ornament or topper.
- You can also choose a different theme for your Christmas cards. For a more wintry approach, cut a snowman shape out of a white card. Stick on some funny eyes, cut out an orange cardboard triangle for the nose, draw a mouth with a black marker, and use some ribbon, buttons or pompoms to dress your snowman warmly. This creates a cheerful, wintry Christmas effect, and is super simple for almost anyone to do.
- To make a card with Christmas ornaments, cut out circles in Christmas wrapping paper and glue them onto a blank card. Use a pen to draw little squares over them and a line representing string to the top of the card. Write your Christmas greetings under the ornaments.
- Like to send invitations for a great Christmas party? Put some confetti inside the cards. This already makes for a festive effect when the recipient opens the invitation! Just make sure you use larger-size confetti and don’t put too much in – after all, you’re sending an invitation, not an instant mess!
- Christmas cards finished and ready to send? Add a nostalgic and original finishing touch to the envelope by sealing it with a wax stamp in the shape of a star.