subtle Christmas decorations
Maybe you like to have a Christmas atmosphere at home, but don’t really enjoy actual Christmas decorations? If so, you can also bring the Christmas spirit into your home by using subtle, contemporary decorations. This is a different approach that can result in some more modern Christmas ideas:
- A rack full of Christmas cards looks very nice and exudes a real Christmas spirit without being showy.
- Place some inspiring Christmas-related quotes in picture frames for the month of December. This gives you Christmas decorations which are meaningful as well as super creative and fashionable.
- Wire letters let you put together any word for the right Christmas atmosphere – for instance, you can spell out Christmas, love or the names of your family. This can be fun to hang in a window.
- You can also create your own Christmas garland with blackboard flags on which you’ve written a quote or greeting in chalk. Simply change the text every time you feel inspired.
- Christmas decorating and lights go hand in hand. Candles in particular are essential: red candles and tea light holders will instantly give your house a real Christmas spirit. And candles can also be used to make even more striking Christmas decorations. Put lots of different types of candles together on a large tray, for instance, or scatter them throughout your living room. Dim the room, light the candles and presto! You have the ultimate Christmas atmosphere.
- Put a pair of beautiful pine branches in a vase. The simplicity of this decoration makes it especially attractive.