wrapping Christmas gifts with kraft paper
Kraft paper can be used in many different ways. It will immediately make your Christmas gifts look chic and stylish, and is easy to combine with other elements. A few tips:
- Cut out a few Christmas figures from a roll of Christmas wrapping paper and tape them to your Christmas gifts wrapped in kraft paper. You can make it as busy as you like, or just add a few figures as details.
- Place the gifts, first wrapped in kraft paper, on a sheet of transparent cellophane and put some ‘fake snow’ in between. You can use either small granules of polystyrene or white confetti. Now fold the cellophane around your gifts and seal with adhesive tape, leaving some room between the cellophane and kraft paper so the fake snow can move around freely. You can do the same with twigs of pine. For the ultimate Christmas feel, add an attractive ribbon in a Christmas colour like red or green, and a gift label with the name of the recipient. Kraft paper not exciting enough? You can do the same thing with Christmas wrapping paper in a print of your choice.
- Cut out a straight strip of Christmas wrapping paper from the roll and wrap it around your presents wrapped in kraft paper. Tape it together on the back, add a pretty ribbon in a Christmas colour such as red, gold or green around the strip and tie it up in a bow.
- You can also wrap your gifts blackboard paper. Add a few lines or a verse from a Christmas song with a chalkboard marker and draw some Christmas decorations such as Christmas trees, baubles and stars.
- Cut a white ribbon or string to size and wrap it around your gift, wrapped in kraft paper, ten times or so. Tie up the ribbon in a bow and place a pine twig in between. Simple but efficient!